Contact Details 

Email : hello@sparklepigglitter.com

Phone : (+44) 7801569943

Frequently asked questions

What is your glitter made from?

Our glitters are certified Bio Glitter ® and are made from a form of cellulose from hardwoods, mainly eucalyptus. Sourced from responsibly managed plantations operating to PEFC.

This is then coated with a very thin layer of aluminium.

It is used in an extremely thin coating to give glitter its shine. Aluminium is the most abundant metallic element in the earth’s crust and does not biodegrade, however materials that do not biodegrade are not necessarily harmful to the environment. The aluminium in Bioglitter® represents less than 0.1% by weight and is neither toxic nor ecotoxic.

How long does it take to biodegrade?

Our glitter requires the presence of microorganisms to degrade.  Warm and wet conditions are ideal and higher concentrations of microbes will increase the rate of biodegradation. A good analogy is that a leaf in an arid environment will take longer to degrade than in a swamp.

When tested to ISO14851 – Fresh water Biodegradability equivalent of stream, river and lake environments the vast majority of the biodegradable content in Bio Glitter at ambient temperatures in only 4 weeks.

What's the difference between bio glitter and regular glitter?

Does your glitter contain allergens?

Regular glitter is a micro plastic : A microplastic is a small piece of plastic, less than 5mm. These make their way through water filtration systems and into waterways and the ocean, they'll stay there forever. 

Bio glitter breaks down and is not made using PET plastic.
 

Sparkle Pig Glitter is free of the 14 common food allergens. None of our raw materials knowingly contain any common allergens and our manufacturing equipment is not used to produce any other products that contain allergens.